Friday, November 21, 2014

Obviously this blog being called GoelerGripes is about things that annoy/frustrate/bother me. But tonight I just need to vent on a GOOD AMAZING HAPPY JOYOUS event. Tonight's event at McCarter was The Doo Wop Project. I planned to go and watch for a bit because Jarrod Spector is my favorite Frankie Valli I've seen on Broadway, and he's just really talented. So I sat in the back, ready to leave when I got bored. Holy shit, man. I stayed through the whole thing. Now, if you know me, you know that not much can keep me at work past "closing" time (quotations are there to indicate that theater never really closes LOL). But I'm a total sucker for all things related to Jersey Boys. The Doo Wop Project was created by cast members of Jersey Boys, and all five guys onstage tonight had, at one time or another, been in the show. Sign me up. So basically I stayed for the whole show, danced, sang along, fan-girled in the back of the theater, and tried to pretend my ovaries weren't exploding by the beautiful wonders onstage. Dramatic? Yes. True? Yes. I just needed to share with you guys how fantastic the show was. Everyone has their own rock stars, and these guys are some of mine, so it was marvelous to just enjoy some amazing music.

No comments:

Post a Comment