Sunday, May 11, 2014

a day for mom.

So I've been home this weekend. Today, Mother's Day, we (me, the sister) went on a bike ride with mom. It was like 15 miles. I hadn't been on a bike in YEARS. My ass hurts. Too bad Jill didn't bring the GoPro because man, the whole ride would've made a great video. Biking is PAINFUL. Well it's painful when you're not wearing padded bike shorts and you haven't been to the gym in two weeks. I've had more important shit going on, don't judge me. Anyway we all survived the ride and I'll admit it was nice to be outside for a long time... probably the longest I've been in nature in a while. Mom says she will be making me go on bike rides with her all summer so I guess I'll be seeing a lot more of nature than ever before. Then for dinner the sis and I took mom to dinner at some place she recommended and HOLY WOW it was delicious. Like you know when you just know the food you're eating is amazing and beautiful and fresh and lovely? That's what it was like. Also the tiramisu was some of the best I've ever had (and let me tell you I am a tiramisu connoisseur. Okay can I just say how long it took me to figure out how to spell connoisseur. Thanks Google. So anyway, mom says it was the best Mother's Day to date... that's just fabulous. Snaps for the Goeler sisters. We done good.

No comments:

Post a Comment