Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Greetings. Welcome. Heyyyyooooo.

Around 9:27pm on February 4, 2014 a friend who is currently studying abroad posted the following on my Facebook wall:

"I just want you to have a blog where you complain about all the stuff that pisses you off in your life and in the news and in culture, and I think I want it to be called GoelerGripes, one word, like Jumanji -- you hear it, and you hear the drums pounding, and you know immediately that shit's about to get real. That's all I want. I'd pay to subscribe to that blog. Or maybe a serial novel, like Little Nell by Charles Dickens."

I had actually been considering doing this for a while. My mom has been pushing me to create a food blog because I constantly take pictures of my the meals I make and text them to her and my sister. I didn't really think anyone would give a shit about the food I eat. So when I saw the above message I was like "omg I've been thinking about blogging again!" 

And so here you go. Maybe you'll get pictures of my food anyway.

The whole "self aware" thing is something I always knew I was, but a lot of my peers have been calling me out on it lately. And I don't think I'm funny, but people seem to be laughing at me more and more. Maybe I'm funny looking and I just don't know it. Whatever. I'll grow out of it eventually, right? Or not. 

My sister just sent me a Snapchat of a blood pack with the caption "yum" -- I'm thoroughly disturbed. But that's theater I guess?

So check back daily or don't. You never know when I might post something super exciting. Or maybe you're already bored. Either way do what you want. I won't judge. OR MAYBE I WILL BECAUSE I'M A SUPER JUDGMENTAL PERSON. No, it's fine. Really, I'm okay with whatever you choose.

I have three other blogs -- one from my summer spent interning in NYC, one from my semester abroad in London, and one ongoing blog where I review theater performances. Check those out if you're interested -- they're all linked to my profile.

Okay. We'll see what I can come up with for tomorrow. I'm just going to go with the flow. JOKES. I'm the most type A person ever. There is no flow for people like me. 

I'm fine with it.

It's almost my bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment